I'm a Girly Girl!

I'm a Girly Girl!

Friday, December 07, 2007

Wow - a year and some time later...

I always think it is such a great idea to blog...but I never get around to it:

  • Bill and I (and a whole group of friends) rode our motorcycles this Spring/Summer to many exciting places: The Smoky Mountains; Louisville, Kentucky; Indianapolis; all over Southern Indiana (Bloomington, Bedford, Vincennes, Story, Seymour, and all points in-between). We love riding and get lots of questions and comments about a Husband and Wife riding together (on seperate bikes). One man said to me - "When I see men and women riding together I always think how cool that would be to have that special connection with your wife and ride side by side on Motorcycles." Men are always very interested how long I have been riding and who taught me to ride, etc. Women pass me in their vehicles and give me "thumbs up," I have received several "You Go Girl!" comments, and adults and children alike always watch closely as we pass or they pass us. What fun!
  • We camped quite a bit too - mainly just weekends as Bill works every Saturday and we cant get too far from home/work. We have a group of friends/family that camp with us so we always have such a good time. Campfires, group dinners around the grill al fresco, karaoke, exploring new areas, and just being outside, relaxing, sipping a cool beverage with the one you love! Aaaaaaah Paradise!
  • Our home renovations are 95% complete - I cant tell you how "sick and tired" I am of home renovation projects! DANG! Hopefully our master bathroom will be completed this weekend. We are having the drywall guys back to work in our great room as several of the screw heads have popped through and some of the drywall tape is visible too in the ceiling. The bad thing is we have already painted the ceiling and it will need to be repainted BEFORE Christmas. At this time my brain is screaming "The Lord will never give you more than you can handle."
  • Speaking of Christmas - our ENTIRE family (my side of the family) will be "home" for Christmas. The official Christmas Dinner (on Christmas Eve) will be at Nana's home. We have family from California, Florida, Michigan, Alabama, and from all points in Indiana. We will have 35+ people for dinner/festivities.
  • Bill's family will convene on his Mother's new home (Bill helped with demolition of their old home, removed trees, created a new driveway, constructed porches (front and rear), installed guttering and down spouts and then helped them move this Spring/Summer). She's very excited about having all of her children home for Christmas for the first time in the new home. She's having Christmas dinner on the Saturday before Christmas just to help alleviate all of the "hubub" on the 24th/25th. We are eternally grateful for this as its very hard/tiring to travel to multiple places over that two day period.
I am going to publish this before I lose it...back in a bit with some photos...

1 comment:

Kathryn said...

It would be great if you kept up your blog. There's several people whose journals I followed over at LJT, that now keep up blogs that I am following.

It sounds like a busy year; no wonder you haven't had time to blog. I've always wanted to go to the Smoky Mountains; one of the days, we'll go.

So you'll have 35+ people over on Christmas? YIKES!!!

Keep in touch. I enjoy hearing what's going on with you.