I'm a Girly Girl!

I'm a Girly Girl!

Monday, December 17, 2007

Great weekend for relaxing...

Well I must admit I DID NOT get much crossed off of my "to do" list for the Holidays, but what I did do was GREAT and relaxing:
  • Friday evening Bill and I enjoyed our "date" night - Fazoli's was doing a fund raiser with Bill's High School basketball team/after prom party committee. We had a Fazoli's dinner at the school (in the Home Economics rooms), talk about bringing back old memories. Bill admitted to NEVER cooking during home ec (because he always sweet talked the girls in his group into doing it...one in particular who remains a GREAT friend to Bill and I - we'll call her Junebug;) ), but he got an A+ in the class. Cheater!
    Anywho the dinner was good (salad with Italian dressing, spaghetti with meat sauce, bread sticks, lemonade). We took a few steps from home ec to the main gym for the ball games - both JV and Varsity lost, but it was still lots of fun.



  • Saturday morning brought several inches of snow (3-4 maybe) then lots of freezing rain (nearly five hours worth) and then more snow (only 2 more inches). So it was a great opportunity for me to make a crock pot full of venison chili, build a fire in each of the fireplaces, when I showered on Saturday morning I put on my most comfy jammie pants and slippers and I stayed like that the rest of the day/evening. Bill worked Saturday morning, but when he returned home we watched TV (football), and I took a nap, worked on crafts for my families Christmas baskets, and did laundry, etc. About 4:00 Saturday afternoon Bill stated he had a sore throat - I am assuming from being out in the awful weather (snow, freezing rain, snow) and being wet most of the morning while doing his job. Poor guy - I gave him OTC cold medicine and he slept a lot on Saturday evening.



  • Sunday was Christmas lunch with my Dad at Joe's Crab Shack - the restaurant was VERY empty due to the bad weather/roads and the service/food quality just wasn't good - we were disappointed.



  • GO COLTS! We watched the game last evening while having another bowl of venison chili. YUM! 21 to 14 - Colts win!!!!!


  • I continue to "feed" Bill OTC cold medicine during the evening - I pray he feels better this evening.

1 comment:

Kathryn said...

Hope Bill feels better soon; he just can't be sick for the holidays! I think we had more snow than you guys about 7-8 inches, at least and they were saying we wouldn't get much, more was predicted south and east of us.