I'm a Girly Girl!

I'm a Girly Girl!

Friday, June 06, 2008

Flowers, flowers, and more flowers...



I love these colorful paper flowers - I remember begging for one each time we visited a touristy type place when I was a child. Now, I just make them as needed. The are beautiful and cheap decorations for just about anything: Bridal showers/luncheons, baby showers, dinner parties, etc.

Visit: http://jas.familyfun.go.com/arts-and-crafts?page=CraftDisplay&craftid=11108 for complete instructions and a quick video.






CRAFT MATERIALS:
For each flower, you'll need:
6 large sheets of tissue paper in different colors
1 pipe cleaner
Scissors
Two 6-foot lengths of green crepe paper
One 4-foot bamboo garden stake
Tape
Time needed: Under 1 Hour

  1. For each flower, stack 6 different-colored sheets of tissue paper, then fold the stack accordion style the long way.
  2. Twist a pipe cleaner around the center.
  3. Round both ends of the stack with scissors.
  4. Open the flower by gently pulling up 1 layer of tissue paper at a time toward the center.
  5. Turn over the flower and use the pipe cleaner ends to attach two 6-foot strips of crepe paper streamers to the bottom of the flower.
  6. Now take those same ends and wrap them around one end of a bamboo garden stake. Tape them in place to secure.

2 comments:

Kathryn said...

If biological parents had to go through what adoptive parents do, there would definitelybe much fewer unwanted cases and less cases of child abuse or neglect!

I'll get some of the freebies or print some of the coupons, etc. on the frugal websites. There's been a lot of offers I never would have known about. I'm a big coupon clipper. I think for about 2 years in a row, just using coupons, not counting sale items, I saved almost $200 each year and this year I am headed in that direction also. They are opening an Aldi a couple miles away from us next month, so that will save us more money, but of course they don't take coupons, but the savings are so good, it doesn't matter. Is there an Aldi's by you? Do you have CVS and Walgreens in Columbus?

Stephe said...

Hey Melissa, this is Stephe from GiorgiaDanette.blogspot. I just got your comment on my Princess Planner, thanks. I believe I got the Bling Alpha here at http://www.scrapbookgraphics.com/xcart/product.php?productid=20161&cat=251&page=4
and I am always downloading freebies from http://ikeagoddess.blogspot.com/ and other scrapping blogs. Hope this helps. Thanks!! Stephe